Recently, the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) released a new video through their YouTube channel outlining how to safely use a stroller. Nothing is more important than the safety of your baby, and we want to pass those tips onto you.
We have summarized the basic points covered in the video in the list below. However, keep in mind that every stroller model is different. Always consult your stroller’s user guide or instruction manual to ensure you are using the products correctly.
Guidelines for Stroller Safety:
- Never hang bags over the handle, use the stroller’s shopping basket instead
- Always use the locking device to stop the stroller from folding
- Always apply the stroller breaks when the stroller is stationary
- When folding or unfolding the stroller, keep the baby’s hands and fingers away from areas that could pinch them
- Always use JPMA certified products, and check products against recalls
- Always follow user guides or manuals that come with your products to learn about proper usage
Remember, if you want your baby to be safe and protected, you are the best person to get the job done. Be in charge and take on the responsibility of child safety.
What do you think?
What are your thoughts on the suggestions made by the JPMA? Is there anything you would add to the list?